annoce

20 VASELINE BEAUTY SECRETS!

Vaseline is a brand name that has become the generic name for Petroleum Jelly. This is known as a Generic Trademark.  But I'm going to use the term Petroleum Jelly throughout this post, but I think you will know what I'm talking about.  Petroleum Jelly is so incredibly versatile. Mr Sith uses it when he cuts himself shaving to stop the bleeding until he can find his styptic pencil. I don't know why he is always misplacing it.  I sued this on Darthypie when he was a baby to prevent diaper rash.  I also have a ton of beauty uses for it as well.  I know there are some of you out there that don't like to use petroleum based products. That's fine. In fact, I try to avoid them too. But there are multiple uses for this "wunder-jelly" and so many people have asked me about using it, I decided to just go though a list of tips.  I have used Petroleum Jelly for every tip mentioned below except the "non traditional" ones. I hope you find these tips helpful too!



Lips

1. It’s a great lip balm!  Use Petroleum Jelly to help moisturize, soften, and smooth lips - Yup. Use it at night as a lip balm and my lips are soft and smooth when I wake up.

2. Turn old lipsticks into fun, new glosses by mixing remnants with a dab of Petroleum Jelly- HAHAHAHA Old Lipsticks. I have too many Old Glosses to warrant making my lipsticks into glosses, but I have used Petroleum Jelly to sheer out some red lipsticks to give more of a lip stain effect.

3. Exfoliate your lips by applying Petroleum Jelly and lightly brushing with a toothbrush - Yup. When I forget to apply lip balm at night I wake up to chapped lips.  I take a soft child's toothbrush apply a dab of Petroleum Jelly to it and scrub (GENTLY). My lips are easily exfoliated and they are super moisturized to boot!
Eyes

4. Moisturize eyelids daily by coating them with a THIN layer of Petroleum Jelly before bed - I have done this on the occasion that I run out of eye cream (Hey...it can happen, even to me) or during the winter when I'm out sledding sans makeup and I want to protect the delicate skin around my eyes from dry cold air.

5. Tame unruly eyebrows by applying a thin layer of Petroleum Jelly and lightly comb into place. - Yup. Works pretty well, not as great as a brow gel, but it will do in a pinch!
Face

6. Put a spoonful of Petroleum Jelly into a bowl and lightly warm in the microwave for 10 second intervals to make a face cream that you can use every night before bed – and be sure to take care when handling hot materials - I tried this once.  It didn't break me out, but I am far too oily to do this on an even semi regular basis.

7. Use Petroleum Jelly on your cheekbones and above your brows for a fresh and dewy look. You can also mix it with a bit of lipstick and apply it to your cheeks for a natural flush.


Hands and Feet

8. Apply a dab of Petroleum Jelly to fingernails to keep them resilient while also keeping cuticles soft - Do this a lot. When I forget to use something to moisturize my cuticles they end up looking like a crime scene in a matter of days.

9. Put Petroleum Jelly around the base of your nail to stop nail polish from getting on your skin - I did this when I had a sprained finger on my left hand. Using the Petroleum Jelly made my application easy to clean up because you know how bad using your non dominant hand to paint your nails can get.

10. Apply Petroleum Jelly to your hands, then put on a pair of gloves and allow moisture to soak into the skin overnight - Yup. Cotton gloves and a boat load of Petroleum Jelly.  I got annoyed by the gloves in the middle of the night and ended up taking them off.  Oh well.

11. Apply Petroleum Jelly on your feet before putting on socks and wear overnight to help achieve smooth feet and toes - Ah yes. I do this a lot. My feet are always dry so this has been a great way to keep them looking pretty.
Hair

12. Use a dab of Petroleum Jelly to slick back stray hairs in a ponytail for a smooth, polished look - Yes. I have put this in my hair.  A teeny amount goes a long way.

13. Rub a bit of Petroleum Jelly into the ends of your hair to hide the appearance of split ends - Used sparingly it can make my hair look better/healthier, but I have such fine hair I have to b careful about using too much.

And More!

14. Rub a thin layer of Petroleum Jelly to pulse points before applying fragrance to encourage the fragrance to last longer - This I have done on many occasions. For some reason fragrances fade on me very quickly.  I also like expensive perfume and don't want to use it all up...this helps my perfume last longer so I spray less!

15. Use Petroleum Jelly as a body moisturizer by applying it to dry patches on your body - Who hasn't put this Petroleum Jelly on your elbows, knees or heels at least once.  It works too!

16. Apply Petroleum Jelly to moisturize freshly shaved legs - Making the mistake of applying lotion to my shaved legs was awful. I felt like my legs were on fire.  Applying Petroleum Jelly to my legs after shaving didn't irritate them at all and they had a silky look.
Here are a few more "wacky" or non traditional uses for Petroleum Jelly as a beauty aid.

17. Mix a pinch of Petroleum Jelly with powdered drink mix or melted chocolate chips to create a flavored lip gloss - Umm? Melted Chocolate Chips?  No thanks.

18. Apply Petroleum Jelly to your teeth to help you keep smiling - I remember this tip from ages and ages ago. I thought only beauty queens did this.

19. Smear a thin coat of Petroleum Jelly along your teeth before applying lipstick to prevent the color from sticking to them - I need to remember this when I'm 70 years old as I have yet to see a 70+ year old woman without lipstick on her teeth. (just kidding...sort of)

20. Rub Petroleum Jelly over old nail polish to make it look new again - Nah. I think this will work, but I doubt I would ever do it.

What about you?  Do you have any tips for using Petroleum Jelly as a beauty enhancer or beauty aid?




Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés